Arden Missionary Internship (AMI)
If you are a university student with an interest in international missions and available to serve for the summer, this paid internship may be for you!
- Must be through the MTW summer internship program (www.mtw.org/internships) to be eligible.
- Internships are available throughout the whole world and are a life-changing experience!
- If selected, you would receive $4,000 for serving as an Arden Missionary Intern. This money is for you personally and not toward your fundraised trip expenses. This money is over-and-above your expenses since you have invested your summer in missions rather than working a summer job. To request Arden to support your fundraising needs, fill out the application here.
- Jan. 31 - deadline to apply for MTW internship
- Feb. 28 - deadline to apply for APC AMI internship
- To apply, fill out the AMI Application.
Upon completion of application, please turn into Pastor Nathan Francis or any member of the Missions and Outreach Committee
Policy for Arden Missionary Internship (AMI)
(from page 18-19 of Mission Policy Manual)
APC hosts a missionary internship, similar to the Arden summer youth internship for our college students. The difference is that this internship is for students going on international summer missions internships lasting all summer. The participant will still raise his/her support for expenses like travel, housing, visas, etc., but he/she is also eligible to receive a stipend for the work performed.
APC does this because summer-length missionary internships change lives! There is no time like the college years to go. Unfortunately, college tuition costs have become so high for the average student that they can no longer afford to go away for the summer because they must work in order to pay for college (and even these summer work funds are insufficient for most college costs). The vision is to enable APC to send a student each summer on an MTW mission internship where they will receive mentoring and training from MTW career field personnel and participate fully in that missionary endeavor.
- Focus: The internship must be truly missions in scope (i.e. it must have a cross-cultural, evangelism and/or discipleship focus, such ESL), and not a professional residency program, or a residency that is only tangentially related to missions). The project must be full-time ministry (min. 40 hours per week).
- Location:The location of the project must be in international and cross-cultural location where there is an MTW-run internship program. This is to insure oversight, training, safety, quality, care, and theological integrity.
- Approval:the applicant must complete and submit the AMI application to the missions committee for consideration, along with all official MTW documentation on the project, including dates, scope, nature of the project, and anticipated schedule.
- Funding:the applicant must raise all normal project funds per APC policy (currently 50/50).
- Candidate qualifications:the applicant must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled, or a student who has just graduated. He/she must have a solid testimony of faith in Christ, a mature walk with Christ, training in- and ability to clearly share the gospel, a visible and active heart for missions and the lost, and will normally have participated in other APC mission trips and/or outreaches.
- Application available from the MOC Chairman, Secretary, or Church Website