The Session at APC is advised by a Covid Task Force that includes medical professionals, elders, and deacons.
Parking and Sanctuary Building Entry
- Please plan to arrive early to allow time for seating before the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m.
- Our Welcome Center hosts will be available outside the upper level of the Sanctuary Building before the service to welcome guests and assist in answering questions.
- Worship Bulletins will be available for you to pick up from a long table in the Narthex as you enter the upper level of the Sanctuary Building.
- We will continue to suspend serving refreshments to minimize potential exposure and maintain the health of all attendees.
While in the Sanctuary
- Masks: According to recommendations by the CDC and Governor Cooper, fully vaccinated individuals no longer need to wear a face mask in the sanctuary. Masks may be worn by those who are more comfortable doing so as an extra level of precaution. For unvaccinated adults and unvaccinated children 12 years of age or older, masks are requested in the sanctuary. However, we may soon be able to remove the mask restriction due to the higher percentage of the population who have been vaccinated at least once.
- Balcony: The balcony will be reserved for higher risk individuals who are not yet comfortable around crowds, and for those whose occupations place them at higher risk (such as healthcare workers). Those individuals who choose to sit in the balcony will be requested to wear a face mask.
- Small Talks: Beginning June 6, we will resume Small Talks for children (3 years old—5th Grade) with social distancing on the front steps of the sanctuary.
- Communion: Beginning June 6, elders will resume passing communion trays in the pews. We will continue to use prepackaged communion for the next few months. Depending on where you plan to sit in the sanctuary, please see the following options: Sanctuary Floor: You may either pick up your prepackaged communion from the Narthex table as you enter the Sanctuary or our elders will walk in between pew rows wearing masks to serve you communion. Empty rows for distancing will now be marked by signs instead of ropes. Please observe all signage and leave these rows vacant for distancing and to allow elders to move between occupied rows to serve communion elements. This method will avoid passing communion trays among members of the congregation. Balcony: You may pick up prepackaged communion as you enter the balcony under the oversight of our elders. We will not pass communion trays in the balcony.
Our Nursery (Sanctuary Building Lower Level Room 2) is available for birth through age 4 for both Sunday School (9:30-10:15 a.m.) and the Worship Service (10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.). For sanitation purposes, we are asking parents to please not enter the room.
Our Sunday School Classes for children, youth, and adults will continue using a "hybrid" (in-person and virtual) model for the time being. All classes will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at 10:15 a.m., with the exception of Children's Sunday School, which will end at 10:20 a.m. in order to give parents time to pick up their children.
- Tithes and Offerings may be placed in collection boxes in the Narthex as you enter or leave the Sanctuary. You may also mail checks to the Church Office (c/o Mr. Dan Berger, 2215 Hendersonville Road, Arden NC 28704) or contribute online at ardenpres.org/give-online.
These updates were approved by the Session on the recommendations of our Covid Task Force. As we continue to learn more about the virus and how to host safe worship services, we look forward to the gradual lessening of these modifications.
In His service,
Pastor Basham, Session, Diaconate, COVID Task Force, and APC Staff