Update: July 9, 2020
ARDEN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
(Please read carefully)
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit,
but in humility consider others more significant than yourselves.
Dear Arden Church Family,
The Session has authorized the resumption of in-person morning worship services in the Sanctuary beginning July 12, 2020 @ 11:00 a.m. As we rejoice to gather again, we want to provide the following temporary measures so you know what to expect in order to plan accordingly for the safety of all concerned (these measures will be adjusted as needed). Our plan is designed for us to worship together but with caution and wisdom.
- We strongly encourage individuals in at-risk health groups (including those who are sick or who would be greatly impacted if they were to become sick) to continue watching the livestream service and not attend in-person worship at this time.
- The Nursery will remain closed at this time but we welcome children of all ages to join us in the worship service. Children’s pew bags have been removed so please plan accordingly if you choose to attend worship with your children. Children will remain seated with their parents in the pew during Small Talks.
- Sunday school classes will continue to meet via ZOOM only.
- We are requiring everyone 12 years and older to wear a face mask for the protection of others. If you do not already have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- While on campus, please maintain at least six feet of separation from individuals that are not in your household and wear your mask during the whole time you are on church property.
- Please greet each other with waves rather than handshakes, hugs, or other physical contact. We encourage you to extend your greetings when you are outside the building.
Parking and Sanctuary Building Entry
- Please plan to arrive early to allow time for seating before the worship service begins at 11:00.
- Please park in the Upper Parking Lot and enter either through the Upper Level Sanctuary Building main front doors on the right side or the right side Breezeway side doors. Greeters will meet you outside and assist you as you enter the Sanctuary Building.
- The lower level of the Sanctuary Building will be closed. Please do not enter any other areas of the building. Upper level restrooms will be available, which will be sanitized before and during the worship service.
- Our Welcome Center hosts will be available outside before and after the service to welcome visitors and guests and assist in answering questions.
- Worship bulletins will be available for you to pick up from a long table as you enter the Sanctuary Building.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the Welcome Center, Narthex tables, and restrooms but we also encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer.
- We will temporarily suspend serving refreshments to minimize potential exposure and maintain the health of all attendees.
While in the Sanctuary
- Ushers will be seating families and individuals to assure we are socially distancing everyone on the main floor of the Sanctuary. Families can sit together if they live together. We must maintain at least six feet between households or other people. To help with this, we will be rope off every other pew in order to stagger seating from each other.
- To reduce the risk of spreading germs through aerosolized particles, we have made the following temporary modifications:
- Modifying the order of the worship service by limiting corporate singing to two verses of two hymns
- Suspending the Greeting of One Another
- Removing pew Friendship Registers
- Suspending the use of pew Bibles, hymnals, offering plates, and communion trays
- Tithes and offerings may be placed in collection boxes as you enter or leave the Sanctuary. You may also mail your tithes and offerings to the church office (c/o Mr. Dan Berger, 2215 Hendersonville Road, Arden NC 28704) or contribute online by doing so at ardenpres.org/give-online.
Exiting the Sanctuary
- At the conclusion of the worship service, ushers will dismiss the congregation by sections and rows. Please exit either through the far exit side doors that lead out of the Sanctuary Building or the main Sanctuary Building right side interior doors. We encourage you to practice safe distancing outside and continue to wear your masks until you are in your car.
As we move forward and learn more about the virus and our capabilities to host safe worship services, we look forward to the gradual lessening of these modifications.
We look forward to worshiping with you soon!
Interim Pastor Basham, Session, Diaconate, Re-Opening Task Force, and APC Staff