Update: November 5, 2020
ARDEN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
(Please read carefully)
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit,
but in humility consider others more significant than yourselves.
Dear Arden Church Family,
The Session has authorized the resumption of our 10:45 a.m. worship service start time in the Sanctuary beginning October 11, 2020. As we rejoice to gather again, we want to provide the following temporary measures so you know what to expect in order to plan accordingly for the safety of all concerned (these measures will be adjusted as needed). Our plan is designed for us to worship together but with caution and wisdom.
- We strongly encourage individuals in at-risk health groups (including those who are sick or who would be greatly impacted if they were to become sick) to continue watching the livestream service and not attend in-person worship at this time.
Our Nursery (Sanctuary Building Lower Level Room 2) for birth through age 4 resumes November 8, 2020 for both Sunday School (9:30-10:15 a.m.) and the Worship Service (10:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.). For sanitation purposes, we are asking parents to please not enter the room. Upon arrival, a caregiver will greet you at the door and take your child’s temperature. Caregivers will be wearing masks, but masks are not required for the children.
Our Adult, Youth, and Children's Sunday School Classes will begin using a "hybrid" (in-person and virtual) model on October 11. All classes will begin at 9:30 a.m. and end at 10:15 a.m., with the exception of Children's Sunday School, which will end at 10:20 a.m. in order to give parents time to pick up their children.
- The Lakeside Stairwell (near the Women's Restrooms) will serve as the downstairs stairwell while the Roadside Stairwell (near the Men's Restrooms) will serve as the upstairs stairwell.
- Elevators should only be used by one person at a time or by members living within the same household.
- We are requiring everyone 12 years and older to wear a face mask for the protection of others. If you do not already have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- While on campus, please maintain at least six feet of separation from individuals that are not in your household and wear your mask during the whole time you are on church property.
- Please greet each other with waves rather than handshakes, hugs, or other physical contact. We encourage you to extend your greetings when you are outside the building.
Parking and Sanctuary Building Entry
- Please plan to arrive early to allow time for seating before the worship service begins at 10:45 a.m.
- Greeters will be available to meet you outside the upper level of the Sanctuary Building to assist you as you enter the building.
- Our Welcome Center hosts will be available outside the upper level of the Sanctuary Building before and after the service to welcome guests and assist in answering questions.
- Worship bulletins will be available for you to pick up from a long table as you enter the upper level of the Sanctuary Building.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the Welcome Center, Narthex tables, and restrooms but we also encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer.
- We will temporarily suspend serving refreshments to minimize potential exposure and maintain the health of all attendees.
While in the Sanctuary
- Ushers will be seating families and individuals to ensure we are socially distancing everyone on the main floor of the Sanctuary. Families can sit together if they live together. We must maintain at least six feet between households or other people. To help with this, we will be rope off every other pew in order to stagger seating from each other.
- To reduce the risk of spreading germs through aerosolized particles, we have made the following temporary modifications:
- Singing fewer verses of hymn selections within an enclosed space
- Suspending the Greeting of One Another
- Removing Pew Friendship Registers
- Suspending the use of offering plates and communion trays
- Tithes and offerings may be placed in collection boxes as you enter or leave the Sanctuary. You may also mail your tithes and offerings to the church office (c/o Mr. Dan Berger, 2215 Hendersonville Road, Arden NC 28704) or contribute online by doing so at ardenpres.org/give-online.
Exiting the Sanctuary
- At the conclusion of the worship service, please exit either through the far exit side doors that lead out of the Sanctuary Building or the main Sanctuary Building right side interior doors. We encourage you to practice safe distancing outside and continue to wear your masks until you are in your car.
As we move forward and learn more about the virus and our capabilities to host safe worship services, we look forward to the gradual lessening of these modifications.
In His service,
Interim Pastor Basham, Session, Diaconate, Re-Opening Task Force, and APC Staff